Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. Shelled pistachios, (8 ounces)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Dry cranberries, (6 ounces)
- 1Â 1/4 lb High-quality white chocolate, finely minced
- Shell pistachios. If you like, rinse and dry thoroughly to remove salt.
- Steam cranberries in steamer basket or possibly metal colander over 1/2-inch of boiling water in a medium saucepan for 3-4 min till softened. Blot berries dry in paper towels and cold. Reduce heat under saucepan to medium low to keep water simmering.
- Place 3/4 of the minced chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl and set over simmering water. Use a rubber spatula to stir occasionally, till chocolate is almost melted, about 4 min. Add in remaining chocolate and stir till smooth. Insert candy thermometer into chocolate and set aside to cold at 83 degrees F., stirring occasionally.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or possibly foil. Set aside. Reserve 2 Tbsp. each of the cranberries and the greenest pistachios. Stir the remainder into the chocolate and scrape the mix onto the lined baking sheet. Use a metal palette knife to spread it into a 10-inch by 4-inch rectangle, about 3/8-inch thick. Scatter reserved nuts and berries over surface and press lightly. Chill 20-30 min till hardened. Break into large pcs. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Makes 2 pounds
- An easy and delicious offering from "Food and Wine," this white chocolate studded with red cranberries and green pistachios makes a stunning holiday gift.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 25g|
|Recipe makes 32 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||53%|
|Total Fat 7.05g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.61g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.97g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|