Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- Â Â See instr
- Salt After Cooking. Not Before. Salt draws off nutritious, natural juices.
- The Closer The Heat, The Tougher The Meat. Control cooking temperature by keeping your grill the proper distance from the heat.
- For steaks 3/4 to one inch thick. 2 - 3 inches from the heat. Over one inch thick, 3-5 inches. Steaks under 3/4 inch thick, pan broil.
- Turn Your Steak Once, Not Twice. Use Tongs. A fork will puncture meat and cause loss of juices. To keep your steak tender, cook one side, then the other. When carving, cut across grain of meat.
- Rare, Medium or possibly Well-Done Outdoor cooking time varies. To be sure your steak is done, check it. Make a tiny cut with a sharp knife when you first think it's done. Or possibly, check meat temperature with a thermometer (140F, rare; 160F, medium; 170F, well-done.)
- Grilling Guide:1" thick steak 1 1/4" thick steak 2 - 3" from heat 3 - 4" from heat Rare 12 to 15 min 20 to 23 min Medium 18 to 20 min 25 to 28 min