"No-Roll Peach Cobbler" Recipeby Linda Cannon Rowan
This is my Grandmother's Peach Cobbler.
This is the easiest Peach Cobbler that I have ever seen or tried. I keep going back to this recipe. I have made it with Peaches, and with Blueberries (use less sugar in the berries).
Prep time: 15 minutes American
Cook time: 45+- minutes Servings: apx. 6
- Number of servings 6
- No-Roll Peach Cobbler
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2-3 cups peaches (you may use frozen, but thaw them first)
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Mix the peaches with 1 cup sugar. Set aside.
- Make a batter in another bowl of 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir together with a spoon and set aside.
- Melt the Butter at 350 degrees in a conventional oven using a 2 qt. oblong baking dish that has been sprayed. When the butter starts to sizzle, pour the batter over the melted butter, (DO NOT STIR!)covering the bottom of the dish with batter..
- Drop Peaches and sugar mixture evenly on the top of the batter/butter mixture by large tablespoon fulls.
- The fruit will sink to the bottom while a beautiful crust forms on top.
- When a cake tester (I use a spaghetti noodle) comes out clean, the pie is ready to serve.
- This will take anywhere from 45 minutes or more depending on the amount of fruit used and the amount of crust you decide to make. If it browns too quickly, place a foil tent on top for the last few minutes.
- I use whatever fruit I have on hand, and often double the crust. If you double the crust, you do not have to double the butter.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 178g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 146||34%|
|Total Fat 16.57g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 10.28g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 69.18g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|