Cost per recipe $0.20 view details
- half unbleached all-purpose half bread flour: 468 grams (about 3 cups)
- room temperature water: 382 grams (1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons /13 fluid ounces)
- instant yeast: 0.8 grams/1/4 teaspoon
- salt: 10 grams/1-2/3 teaspoons
- Mix together. Let stand overnight.
- When bread is this moist and sticky, for shaping you need to scrape it onto a well- floured surface, and lightly flour the top before patting it down gently. Then use a bench scraper to help lift it for shaping.
- Set the shaped dough on a coarse-weave towel sprinkled amply with bran. No need to sprinkle the top as it should have enough flour from the counter.
- Bread with 80% hydration will spread to about 8 1/2 inches and only rise to 2 inches when fully proofed and ready to bake. At 80 ÌF/26 ÌC. this takes 2 hours.
- On parchment paper transfer to a preheated dutch oven.
- Bake at 450 ÌF./230 ÌC for 20 minutes lid on, 10 minutes lid off; transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes more. Then 5 minutes oven propped ajar a few inches, then 5 minutes oven off and door open.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 70g|
|Calories from Fat 31||76%|
|Total Fat 3.49g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 2.15g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.6g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|