I found this recipe on the Internet. Most of my family is trying to cut down on bread because of carbs and calories and I thought this would help.
If you love bread but don't want the carbs, make this No Carb Bread instead. It’s bread without carbs and can be eaten in many different ways. You can even use them as hot dog or hamburger buns or serve them with meals.
You can garnish them with sesame, poppy or sunflower seeds before baking if you desire.
- 3 eggs
- 3.5 ounces of softened cream cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder or cream of tarter (You can leave it out but it's what makes the No Carb Bread more like the texture of bread.
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites into a bowl and the egg yolks into another bowl.
- Beat the egg whites together with the salt until they're very stiff. They're stiff enough when you can turn the bowl over without the egg whites falling out of the bowl.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese together.
- Add 1 tsp. of cream of tarter or baking powder. (This can be left out but it makes the No Carb Bread more bread-like in texture).
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk/cream cheese mixture, trying to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Pat out 9 bread rolls.
- Place the rolls onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 300° for around 25 minutes – or until they turn golden brown.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 26g|
|Recipe makes 9 servings|
|Calories from Fat 46||78%|
|Total Fat 5.23g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.58g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.56g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|