This is a no-bake, vegan friendly dessert that you may just call a little decadent after you try it. Fresh peaches are best but since we couldn't find any in four grocery stores we visited, we opted for Dole
sliced peaches in the jar. Still pretty good!
- Crust -
- 2 cups of finely crumbled graham crackers
- 2 - 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/3 cup, heaping of EarthBalance, melted
- Filling -
- 1 (6 ounce) container of peach flavored yogurt
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 containers) of Tofutti "Better than Cream Cheese"
- 1/2 cup of sliced peaches, chopped into 3/4 inch pieces
- 10 sliced peaches to top off the pie
- Please note - we used Ricera brand, brown rice yogurt.
- Crush the graham crackers into a fine powdery consistency using a hand blender or coffee grinder (or buy a graham cracker crust!).
- Add the graham cracker crumbs to a mixing bowl and add the EarthBalance and agave nectar.
- Mix thoroughly and press firmly into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Place crust in the freezer for at least two hours.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the peach flavored yogurt, the Toffuti cream cheese and the peach pieces.
- Use a heavy spoon or fork to totally mix and combine the ingredients.
- Remove the pie crust from the freezer and fill it with the yogurt-Toffuti filling.
- Decorate the top with the ten peach slices and return the pie to the freezer. After about two hours place it in the refrigerator to keep until you are ready to serve it. Allow it to sit out for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 312g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 130||29%|
|Total Fat 14.51g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.18g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 75.6g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|