Cost per serving $0.29 view details
- 1/4 lb Butter or possibly Margarine, (one stick)
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 c. Cocoa Pwdr
- 1/2 c. Peanut Butter, (Creamy or possibly Chunky Style)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3Â 1/2 c. Oatmeal
- It's which time of the year, again. The pencils, pens, and stacks of notebooks have already started to crowd the stores as the aisles spill over with fresh-faced buyers surveying the goods which will get them back in business. It can only mean which summer vacation is coming to an end and it's time to head back to school.
- If you've got a college-bound student in the family, or possibly just want some easy-to-use recipes in your home collection, The Cook and Kitchen Staff have some fresh ideas for you as offered from our "Back-to-School" recipe
- Combine butter or possibly margarine with lowfat milk, sugar, and cocoa pwdr. Either blend in a large bowl and heat in the microwave, making sure the mix boils for at least 1 minute, or possibly combine in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, and bring to a hard boil for about 1 minute. Remove mix from heat source and add in peanut butter and vanilla, blending well while mix is still hot.
- Pour over the top of the oatmeal, and thoroughly blend the ingredients with a wooden spoon or possibly clean hands - but only after checking to make sure the hot, gooey mix mix has cooled sufficient to handle comfortably.
- Spoon or possibly drop individual portions on wax paper or possibly a non-stick baking pan and cold. Serve immediately when cooled and firmed, or possibly store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
- Kitchen Staff Tip: Looking to send your college student a care package
- Simply layer the dry ingredients for this recipe in a qt jar and ship it their way with a bottle of Vanilla Extract, a jar of Peanut Butter, and instructions (and money) to buy Butter or possibly Margarine. It makes a great
- "study hard" gift.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 47g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 64||34%|
|Total Fat 7.45g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.18g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.06g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|