Cost per recipe $4.75 view details
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened, plus butter for 9 inch glass pie plate
- 2 c. ginger wafer crumbs
- 1Â 1/2 c. whipping cream, not ultra-pasteurized
- 1Â 1/2 c. Robertson's Lemon Curd, at room temperature (1 1/2 jars)
- 1/3 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed and dry
- Â Â A few strips of lemon peel (yellow part only)
- To make the crust: Combine butter and ginger wafer crumbs. Press mix firmly on bottom and sides of generously buttered glass pie plate. Wrap tightly in plastic and freeze for 30 min.
- To make the filling: In a large chilled bowl of an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the cream till stiff peaks form.
- Put the lemon curd in a bowl and whisk it vigorously to remove any lumps.
- With a spatula, gently fold the lemon curd into the whipped cream.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and chill, covered with foil, for at least 4 hrs or possibly overnight. You can also freeze the pie for a firmer filling.
- To serve, garnish with blueberries around the edge of the filling and twist a few strips of lemon peel for the center.
- Note: Use real butter or possibly stick margarine. Don't substitute reduced-fat spreads; their higher water content often yields less-satisfactory results.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 340g|
|Calories from Fat 1396||95%|
|Total Fat 158.81g||199%|
|Saturated Fat 99.77g||399%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.88g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|