Cost per serving $0.72 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. Blueberries or possibly sliced strawberries
- 3 c. Quark cheese, or possibly Low fat Cottage cheese
- 2 env unflavored gelatin
- 2 x Large eggs separated
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 c. Skim lowfat milk
- 1 tsp Grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 c. Granulated sugar or possibly equivalent artificial sweetner
- 1 c. Whipped topping, or possibly Cottage cream (recipe follows)
- 2 c. 2% cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar or possibly equivalent artificial sweetner
- 1 tsp Vanilla or possibly dry sherry
- Chambers "Lose Weight & Love it"
- Preparation time 45 min - chilling time - several hrs
- Spray a 9" square pan or possibly springform pan with non-stick spray. Line with 2 layers of waxed paper to fit the bottom. Spread fruit in pan. If blueberriesare frzn, don't thaw. If cottage cheese is not smooth, force through a sieve or possibly whirl in the blender till smooth. In top of double boiler, combine gelatin with egg yolks, salt and lowfat milk. Stir well and heat over boiling water till gelatin is disolved and mix thickens slightly.
- Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice, vanilla and 3/4 sugar or possibly sweetner. Add in cheese and beat with a wire whisk till smooth. Beat egg whites till stiff but not dry. Beat in remaining sugar or possibly sweetner. Fold egg whites and whipped topping into gelatin mix. Pour proportionately over fruit. Refrigeratefor several hrs. To unmold, run a warm knife around the edges of the pan.
- Invert a serving plate over the pan, turn over quickly and cheesecake will be released. Remove wax paper. Serve cold with fresh fruit slices to garnish.
- Cottage Cream (can be used instead of whipped topping): Yield 2 c.
- This alternatve to whipped topping is from Kay Spicer's book, "Choice Deserts" In a food processore, combine ingredients and process till very smooth and creamy. Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 103g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 29||27%|
|Total Fat 3.22g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.58g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.72g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|