Cost per serving $0.95 view details
- 8 Niman Ranch lamb fore shanks
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 8 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 anchovy filets minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup pitted niÃ§oise olives
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 28 ounces Can Roma tomatoes (preferably San Marzano)
- Season the lamb pieces with the salt and pepper.
- Heat up a roasting pan with the olive oil.
- Toss the lamb with the flour and shake off excess.
- Sear the lamb on all sides to a nice brown color, set aside.
- Pour out the oil and clean the pan.
- Put the pan back on the stove on medium heat.
- Pour in the olive oil.
- Add the onions and sweat them until they are translucent.
- Add the garlic, minced anchovy filets, thyme, pitted niÃ§oise olives, chicken stock and bay leaf. Then add the lamb pieces back to the mix.
- Cover the roasting pan and place in a 200 degree Fahrenheit oven for at least 5 hours.
- Remove the lamb braise from the oven and serve (optional remove the lamb from the stew and put the pot back on the stove to further reduce the liquid. When you have the right consistency, return the lamb to the pan to reheat and serve.)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 61||79%|
|Total Fat 6.95g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.99g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.51g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|