Cost per serving $1.46 view details
- 1/2 tsp Butter or possibly margarine for baking dish
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine - cut into small pcs
- 1 x 10 ounce. loaf French or possibly Italian bread - cut into 1" slices
- 8 lrg Large eggs
- 3 c. Skim lowfat milk
- 4 tsp Sugar - or possibly sugar equivalent to 4 ts. sugar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- This was posted on*P by Maggie Cecil-Zachos - Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish with the 1/2 teaspoon butter or possibly margarine. Arrange bread in one layer in baking dish.
- In a large microwave safe bowl or possibly pan, mix Large eggs, salt, sugar, lowfat milk and vanilla. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on HIGH for five (5) min, stirring twice.
- For heating on the range, place the egg mix in a medium saucepan and heat on medium, stirring as needed, till warm, BUT NOT BOILING, about 5 min.
- Be careful not to let the mix boil, because it will set the Large eggs.
- Pour the warm egg mix gently over the bread slices and cover with plastic wrap. Chill at least 4 hrs or possibly overnight.....To bake - dot with the 2 tbsp. butter pcs and place uncovered pan in cool oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 min, till bread is puffy and lightly brown. Remove from heat and let stand 5 min.
- Serve with Cary's SF Syrup, sugar free jelly, or possibly fresh fruit.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 369g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 156||32%|
|Total Fat 17.48g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 7.45g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.49g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|