Cost per serving $0.26 view details
- 1 c. finely-chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 2 c. dark strongly-flavored stout
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp molasses
- 2 x New York strip steaks - (6 ounce ea)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, over moderate heat, saute/fry onions in oil till lightly browned. Add in stout, thyme, sugar, soy sauce, and molasses. Stir and bring to a rolling boil and reduce till it is half the original volume. Let cold.
- Add in steaks, marinate covered in the refrigerator for 24 hrs before grilling.
- Remove steak from marinade and season well with salt and black pepper. Grill till desired doneness.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
- Comments: For those who like a full bodied stout with plenty of hops and deep flavor, this is the ultimate steak.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 101g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 181||77%|
|Total Fat 20.48g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 1.55g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.53g|
|Total Carbs 13.66g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|