Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 2 x ripe plum tomatoes seeded, and
- Â Â cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/4 c. coarsely-minced pitted nicoise olives plus
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely-minced pitted nicoise olives
- Â Â Coarse salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely-minced flat-leaf parsley
- 16 ounce prime aged N Y strip steak, 1 1/2" thick
- Combine the tomatoes and olives in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Dress with the vinegar, oil and 1 Tbsp. of the parsley. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the steak 4 inches from the heat source till browned, about 4 min on the first side. Turn over and cook for 3 min on the other side for medium-rare meat. Cook 1 minute longer for medium.
- Let the meat rest 5 min before carving. Slice into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange on a serving platter. Spoon the reserved tomato-olive salsa atop the steak and sprinkle with the remaining Tbsp. of parsley. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
- Comments: Choose a steak with good marbling (fat which runs throughout). It keeps the meat from drying and shrinking as it cooks.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 269g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 605||80%|
|Total Fat 67.2g||84%|
|Saturated Fat 26.14g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.54g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|