Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp. horseradish mustard
- 1 c. baby spinach leaves stems removed and coarsely minced
- 2 x New York strip steaks (about 8 ounce. ea) grilled to desired doneness
- 4 Tbsp. butter softened
- 8 slc hearty white bread
- 2/3 c. mushrooms canned, liquid removed Or possibly previously sauteed fresh
- 4 slc Havarti cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish mustard. Stir till smooth. Fold minced spinach gently into the mix.
- 2. Trim steak of any visible fat and thinly slice on the diagonal.
- 3. Spread butter proportionately on one side of each slice of bread. On the unbuttered sides of each slice of bread, spread equal amounts of the cream cheese mix. Layer four slices of bread each with approximately 1/4 of the steak slices, and 1/4 of the sauteed mushrooms. Top each sandwich with a slice of Havarti cheese and remaining slices of bread, buttered side out.
- 4. Preheat a large skillet or possibly griddle over medium heat. Cook sandwiches, in batches, if necessary, for 2 to 3 min per side, or possibly till golden brown and the cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 202||60%|
|Total Fat 22.95g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 13.13g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.56g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|