- 2 Tbsp. canola oil plus more
- 4 c. all-purpose flour plus more
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2Â 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lrg egg
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. light-brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 1Â 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1 c. unsalted butter melted, cooled
- Â Â Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Place rack in center of oven, and heat to 325 degrees. Lightly brush a 9- by 12 1/2-inch baking pan with canola oil, dust with flour, and tap to remove excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/2 c. flour, granulated sugar, baking pwdr, and salt; set aside. In a second bowl, whisk together egg, lowfat milk, canola oil, and vanilla. Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg
- Spread batter proportionately into prepared pan, and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 1/2 c. flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour melted butter over flour mix, and toss with a rubber spatula till large crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumbs over batter, and bake, rotating pan after 10 min. Continue baking till a cake tester comes out clean, about 10 min more.
- Transfer baking pan to a wire rack to cold. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Using a serrated knife or possibly bench scraper, cut into 3-inch squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This recipe yields one 9- by 12- by 1/2-inch cake.
- Yield: 1 cake