Cost per recipe $9.00 view details
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 x onions cut into quarters
- 1 x celery stalk cut into 8 chunks
- 4 x carrots cut into quarters
- 1 x bay leaf
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 5 c. water
- 1 sm cabbage head cut into wedges
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. instant chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1Â 1/2 c. reserved beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sprinkle roast with seasonings. Place onions, carrots and celery in crockpot. Top with meat. Add in bay leaf, vinegar and water. (Remove the bay leaf before serving.) Cover pot and cook on LOW 5 to 7 hrs or possibly till meat is tender.
- Remove meat and turn on HIGH. Add in cabbage wedges; cover and cook on HIGH 15 to 20 min or possibly till cabbage is done.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in saucepan. Stir in instant onion and flour. Drain 1 1/2 c. of broth out of cooking pot. Pour broth, horseradish and salt into saucepan. Cook over low heat, stiring constantly, till thickened and smooth.
- Serve sauce over roast, with vegtables.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3978g|
|Calories from Fat 1605||47%|
|Total Fat 178.9g||224%|
|Saturated Fat 73.71g||295%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 91.21g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 26.4g||88%|