Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- 1 pkt Elbow macaroni - (16 ounce)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 x Celery stalks diced
- 1/4 lb Mushrooms sliced
- 1 lrg Garlic clove crushed
- 1 lb Grnd turkey
- 2 tsp Caraway seeds
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 3 c. Lowfat milk
- 3 c. Shredded American or possibly Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Diced sun-dry tomatoes
- 1/4 c. Minced fresh parsley
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water; drain again.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in warm oil, cook celery, mushrooms and garlic about 5 min, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, remove to large bowl. In drippings remaining in skillet over medium-high heat, cook grnd turkey 5 min, till almost browned, stirring to break up meat. Stir in caraway seeds; cook 2 min longer. Remove to bowl with vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 13- by 9-inch baking dish.
- In 3-qt saucepan over medium heat, heat butter. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in lowfat milk. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in Cheddar cheese, Tabasco sauce and salt till cheese melts.
- In large bowl containing the turkey-vegetable mix, combine macaroni, cheese sauce, sun-dry tomatoes and parsley. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 min or possibly till mix is warm and bubbly.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 192g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 118||54%|
|Total Fat 13.33g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5.66g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.2g|
|Total Carbs 10.54g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|