This is the best spong cake i ever baked,and it is a cake with just one egg.No butter goes in too.Sounds good?
It turns out perfect and moist everytime and is a must try for sponge cake lovers..For a new baker this basic sponge is a good way to start.
You will not go wrong it is completely a no fail recipe,i promise you.Try it today !
- Dry Mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1tsp cornflour
- a pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Wet Mix
- 1 egg - yolk and white separated
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar,more if you like it sweet(i think it is perfect with 1/2 cup)
- vanilla 1 tsp
- 1/3 cup milk
- Follow the steps below
- > Swift the dry mix once,then beat the yolk,vanilla,sugar and oil till creamy...
- >Now beat the egg white till fluffy and cute - keep it away for now
- >Start to mix in the dry mix little at a time and fold,do not over mix..
- >Now the best part,slowly fold in the beaten egg white.Be very gentle keep it airy.
- once everything is mixed,pour into the cake tin and bake at 180 for 25 min..
- Do not open the oven until 25 min has passed...
- t.i.p - bake as soon as you finish mixing,never let the cake batter stand
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 97g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 169||44%|
|Total Fat 19.16g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 1.78g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.47g|
|Total Carbs 50.35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|