Cost per recipe $13.20 view details
- Â Â FILLING
- 3 x chicken quarters skinned and boned and grnd
- 1 med Onion, finely minced
- 3 x green onion minced fined including the greens
- 4 x Cloves garlic, finely -minced
- Â Â half a can of water chestnuts diced
- Â Â one tbs of fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. dark soya
- Â Â soft cut up noodles
- Â Â Optional: mushrooms
- (2-4 Ounce Cellophane noodles, Boil water in tea kettle or possibly pot. place noodles in bowl and poor boiled water to cover ..let sit while preparing other ingredients.
- When ready to use ..drain and placeback in bowl .cut many times with scissors.)
- DIPPING SAUCE1/4 C water and fish sauce1/2 juice from small lemon1 tbs sugar1/2 tsp flaked red chili peppers1 TBSP minced garlic (less if you do not like garlic)
- 3 green onions minced fine
- The sauce is personal so you have to play with it till you get the taste you like.
- PREPARATIONS FOR ASSEMBLING20 Sheets dry rice papers -(banh trang)
- 2 Large eggs, well beaten2 c Peanut oil
- ACCOMPANIMENTS FOR SERVINGfish sauce mixtureLarge lettuce leavesMint leavesfresh cilantro
- Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and set aside. squish it all together like you were preparing meatloaf. Use the small round rice papers. I use a big A dish towel and leave it pretty wet and stretch it out on the kitchen counter. I then place a bowl of hot sugar water big sufficient to accommodate a whole rice paper. (the sugar in the water makes the Nems crispier when frying.) Use 1tbsp to 1 c. of water make sure it is dissolved. Next to it, I place my bowl of chicken mix , and next to which my bowl with 2 beaten Large eggs. I have a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and sprinkled with cornstarch or possibly a plate prepared the same way depending on how many I make. I also keep a bowl of water in the sink so I can rinse the goo of my fingers (it's sticky)
- I can usually fit 6 rice papers on my dish towel Dip each on in the bowl of sugar water for 30 sec flip it over wait 30sec. place on wet dish towel continue this product till you have as many rice papers as you can fit on your towel. With a pastry brush, or possibly fingers, paint the beaten egg over the top edges of each of the pcs.
- When the wrapper looks soft and transparent, place about 1 heaping tbsp of filling near the bottom, Fold bottom up just to cover filling.
- Fold the sides towards middle keeping mix firmly tucked into place continue to roll. place on cookie sheet or possibly plate. At this point you can cover with saran wrap and use later. Put 2 " of peanut oil in a large pan bring to a med high heat and fry Nems till golden brown. this will take about 20 min.
- To serve the spring rolls, proceed as follows: Arrange the ingredients for the vegetable platter of large lettuce leaves and mint leaves, Using fingers Place Nem in lettuce leaf cover with a couple mint leaves dip in sauce and try to eat just one! The sauce and mint make or possibly break the nems
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3903g|
|Calories from Fat 5059||63%|
|Total Fat 560.99g||701%|
|Saturated Fat 161.71g||647%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.19g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|