Cost per recipe $1.20 view details
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable oil (see note)
- 1/2 tsp Whole black mustard seeds
- 1 c. Peeled diced boiling potatoes, 1/2" cubes
- 1 c. Diced eggplant, 1/2" cubes
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Grnd coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Grnd turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese parsley, optional
- Note: 4T oil is plenty for a doubled recipe.
- [Prepare pots and eggplant. Start rice. Finish rest of preparation.]
- Heat the oil in an 8- to 10-inch skillet over a medium-high flame. [Or possibly, use wok when doubling.] When warm, put in the mustard seeds. As soon as the mustard seeds begin to pop (this just takes a few seconds), put in the potatoes and eggplant. Stir once. Now put in the coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, and salt. Stir and fry for about a minute. Add in 3 Tbsp. water, cover immediately with a tight-fitting lid, turn heat to low and simmer gently 10 to 15 min or possibly till potatoes are tender. Stir every now and then. If the vegetables seem to catch at the bottom of the skillet, add in another Tbsp. of water. You may garnish this dish with a Tbsp. of chopped Chinese parsley.
- NOTES : Doubled, this is a generous dinner for two over rice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 289g|
|Calories from Fat 496||81%|
|Total Fat 56.19g||70%|
|Saturated Fat 4.21g||17%|
|Trans Fat 1.4g|
|Total Carbs 27.07g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|