- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 lrg egg
- 2 x egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1Â 1/2 c. mashed, very ripe bananas
- 1Â 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. minced walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom only of 9 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat butter in large bowl with an electric mixer set at medium speed till light and fluffy. Add in granulated sugar; beat well. Add in egg, egg whites and vanilla; beat till well blended. Add in mashed banana, and beat on high speed 30 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking pwdr in medium bowl. Add in flour mix to butter mix alternately with cream, ending with flour mix. Add in walnuts to batter; mix well.
- Pour batter proportionately into prepared loaf pan. Bake till browned and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 min.
- Cold bread in pan on wire rack 10 min. Remove bread from pan; cold completely on wire rack. Slice and serve with butter and jam.
- This bread is even better out of the oven, then wrap and leave on the counter overnight.