Cost per serving $2.35 view details
- 30 ounce canned no-salt-added pinto beans undrained 2 cans
- 4 c. cooked diced chicken breast thawed if frzn
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 14Â 1/2 ounce canned peeled tomato wedges undrained
- 11 ounce salsa (1 1/4 c.)
- 10 ounce diced tomatoes and green chiles undrained
- 1Â 1/2 c. shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- Â Â Low-fat tortilla chips (optional)
- Place pinto beans in a food processor; process till smooth. Spoon bean puree into a large Dutch oven. Add in chicken and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Cook over medium heat 15 min or possibly till thoroughly heated. Ladle soup into bowls; top each with about 3 Tbsp. cheese. Serve with low-fat tortilla chips, if you like (chips not included in analysis).
- Yield: 7 (1 1/2-c.) servings.
- If you need to reduce the sodium, use 1 (14 1/2-oz) can no-salt-added tomatoes. Look for pkgs. of frzn diced, cooked chicken in the freezer section of your grocery.
- Estimated by the publisher:
- Yield: 10 1/2 c.
- NOTES : This soup is made from precooked canned and frzn veg and chicken. Since everything is precooked, we could put it all in the crockpot on a low setting and eat it four hrs or possibly more later.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 462g|
|Recipe makes 7 servings|
|Calories from Fat 175||41%|
|Total Fat 19.66g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 8.35g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.13g|
|Total Carbs 26.57g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|