Cost per recipe $3.73 view details
- 1/2 c. Vegetable shortening
- 2/3 c. Granulated sugar
- 1 x Egg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Peanut butter
- 1/2 c. Old-fashioned Quaker oats
- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Peanut butter
- 3/4 c. Powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar with an electric mixer.
- 3. Add in the egg, salt, and peanut butter and beat till well blended.
- 4. Put the oats in a blender and blend on medium speed till they are almost as finely grnd as flour.
- 5. Add in the oats and flour to the mix and blend well.
- 6. Healthy pinch out small portions of dough and roll into 1-inch balls in the palm of your hand.
- Press these flat on ungreased cookie sheets so which they form 2-inch circles. If you're a stickler for a cookie which looks just like the original, you can form the dough into flat peanut shapes.
- 7. Bake for 8 to 10 min, or possibly till light brown around the edges.
- 8. While the cookies bake, combine the filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- 9. When the cookies are cold, use a butter knife to spread a thin layer of filling on the flat side of a cookie and press another on top. Repeat.
- Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 689g|
|Calories from Fat 1704||50%|
|Total Fat 197.35g||247%|
|Saturated Fat 42.48g||170%|
|Trans Fat 34.26g|
|Total Carbs 372.38g||99%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.0g||47%|