Cost per serving $0.52 view details
- 1 tsp dry yeast or possibly 15g fresh yeast
- 450 gm strong white plain bread flour
- 450 gm white selfraising flour
- 100 ml lowfat yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp wild onion seeds (or possibly more)
- Mash yeast in tepid water with the sugar to make a runny paste.
- Leave in a hot place for 10 min to froth. Put flours in a bowl add in yeast and lowfat yoghurt mix with tepid water little by little as you need it.
- You should have a soft dough which leaves the edges of the bowl clean.
- Knead vigorously then put it back in the bowl. Leave for at least 1 hour.
- After rising then divide in 4 pcs.
- Roll each piece into a teardrop shape.
- Don't roll thinner than 6mm.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Preheat grill to full and cover pan with cooking foil.
- Set grill pan shelf at halfway level.
- Grill one side.
- Turn over sprinkle with the seeds mix and cook which side.
- It takes about 1 minute per side and darker patches develop in places.
- Take care not to let it rise too much or possibly it will catch and burn.
- Makes 4 to 6 naans
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 141g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 30||7%|
|Total Fat 3.58g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.94g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 84.39g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|