Take creamy fat-free ice cream and milk, add loads of luscious strawberries and such and the results are pure deliciousness! It’s so flavorful, it doesn’t need to be topped off with whipped cream and a cherry like many choose to do at McDonald’s. Their shake is not even made with real strawberries! McDonald’s uses a strawberry syrup instead to flavor the shake. One of my refreshing, strawberry shakes has 166 calories, 1 gram of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Each shake even has 7 grams of fiber! The same 12 oz McCafé Strawberry Shake has 420 calories and 10 grams of fat.
- Â½ cup Breyers fat-free creamy vanilla ice cream or fat-free frozen yogurt, see shopping tip
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Â¾ cup ice cubes
- Â¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Â½ packages Splenda, Equal or Stevia
- Add all ingredients in a blender. Mix on high until completely blended. You might need to turn off the blender a few times to stir and then blend again. It also helps to shake the blender a few times, while blending.
- Shopping and Prep Tip-I used Breyers fat-free creamy vanilla ice cream. Youâll find it in most supermarkets. If you canât find it, use another brand of fat-free vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. If using frozen yogurt from you local shop, freeze for at least 1 hour to harden.
- Weight Watchers (old points) 3
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
- SKINNY FACTS: for 1 (12 oz) Skinny Strawberry Shake
- 166 calories, 1g fat, 6g protein, 36g carbs, 7g fiber, 79mg sodium
- 24g sugarâ¨
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 371g|
|Calories from Fat 4||5%|
|Total Fat 0.47g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.0g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|