Cost per serving $0.91 view details
- 2 skinless chicken breasts fillets
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 x 15ml tbsp lemon juice
- 2 x 30ml tbsp olive oil
- 2 oignons, peeled, halved, and cut into thin half-moons
- 1 of each, red, orange, and yellow peppers core and seeds removed, cut into strips
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL ACCOMPANIMENTS:
- Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Sour cream
- Canned corn niblets, drained
- Large avocado finely diced and dressed withlemon juice and salt
- Cut the chicken into bite size strips, to go well with the pepper strips later.
- Put it in a shallow bowl and add the oregano, cumin, salt, sugar, garlic, and lime juice.Mix everything well and leave to marinate while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Warm 1/2 the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the half-moon oignons over medium heat, stirring occasional, for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper strips to the oignons and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until tender and transfer to a bowl.
- Warm remaining oil in the pan and tip in the chicken with it;s marinade.Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.Make sure that chicken is well cooked through, add the oignons and peppers, stir together then put in a serving dish.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until warm.
- Serve tortillas alonside the chicken and the accompaniments.
- Wrap what tou fancy in the tortillas and Bon Apetit!!!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 79g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 178||80%|
|Total Fat 20.11g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 3.99g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 4.24g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|