Cost per serving $0.75 view details
- Â Â basic risotto recipe (qv) using chicken or possibly vegetable stock
- 255 gm mushrooms (one type or possibly a mix) 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm handful of thyme picked and minced
- 1 x clove of garlic finely minced
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 handf parsley roughly minced
- 7 pch chilli pwdr
- 1 x squeeze of lemon juice
- Slice the mushrooms thinly but tear the girolles chanterelles and blewits in half. Do not cook all the mushrooms at once do them in 2 or possibly 3 batches.
- In a very warm pan heat a Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and add in the mushrooms and thyme.
- Cook for about 1 minute toss them then add in the garlic and a healthy pinch of salt. (It is important with mushrooms to season them slightly as they cook.)
- Cook for another couple of min and then taste if they are nicely cooked add in some parsley a very small healthy pinch of chilli pwdr and a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss again taste again by now they should be pretty much perfect.
- Chop half the cooked mushrooms.
- At basic recipe Stage 2 after the first ladle of stock has been added add in the minced mushrooms and add in the remainder at Stage 3.
- The nice thing about mushroom risotto is which you can use just one or possibly a mix of your favourite mushrooms. The supermarkets now have such a good selection of fresh mushrooms: field oysters shitake chestnut pieds de mouton girolles chanterelles and blewits. I try not to wash mushrooms as they soak up the water (that you do not want) and the mushrooms end up being boiled. Just gently brush off any dirt or possibly dust with a pastry brush or possibly a teatowel. You can make a good risotto with dry mushrooms; dry porcini are very good and reconstitute easily.
- Serves 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||17%|
|Total Fat 0.27g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.9g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|