Mozzarella in Carozza ( Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich) copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati Recipe
- 8 slices of day old bread
- 2 cups milk
- 8 slices of fresh mozzarella
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- Cut crusts off slices of bread, then dip them quickly in the milk to soften them. Then create the sandwiches by putting two slices of mozzarella between 2 slices of bread. Press down on top slice of bread to make the sandwiches stick together.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Mix the eggs with 2 tablespoons of the milk, then dip coat with the flour. Fry the sandwiches, turning so they brown on both sides .Serve hot and bubbly.