Onto the meatloaf. Meatloaf is one of those dishes that comes together really easily, is super versatile and just down right comforting! I love playing with different flavors when it comes to meatloaf, one my my favorite versions is BBQ Meatloaf... coming soon ;-)
Can I just say that myself, the hubs and my mother all agreed that this bacon wrapped meatloaf was out of this world AMAZING!!! The flavor bursts in your mouth, its moist and the bacon adds the perfect salty crust! Oh, and its gorgeous too!!! It is seriously mouth watering and I can say with certainty that it was by far the best meatloaf I've ever made or eaten!
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 5 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs meatloaf mix (beef, pork, veal)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- approx 6-8 pieces of bacon
- Oven at 375 degrees.
- In a small sautÃ© pan, over medium heat, add a few drizzles of olive oil and and the diced onion, red bell and garlic. Cook until softened and a bit caramelized. Then allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the meatloaf mix, eggs, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce, ketchup and cooked veggies. Mix until well incorporated, do not over mix.
- In a large baking pan form the meatloaf into a thick log shape. Place bacon on top, slightly tucking ends underneath. I don't recommend using a loaf pan, I find you get a much better meatloaf when the heat can really get around the meat.
- Cook for approx 35-40 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the meatloaf is just cooked through. You end up with the most beautiful looking piece of meatloaf! Serve with a mound of mashed potatoes and your favorite veg and there it is, pure comfort on a plate!
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1356g|
|Calories from Fat 1510||51%|
|Total Fat 167.78g||210%|
|Saturated Fat 44.29g||177%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 170.12g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 40.3g||134%|