Cost per serving $0.77 view details
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch disks
- 1 celery rib, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 small or 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2 dice
- 8 oz (226g) green beans, trimmed and cut into short lengths
- 1 x 14.5oz (411g) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 14.5 oz (411g) can tomatoes
- 2 1/4 cups (1 pint, 568ml) vegetable broth (stock)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley.
- Saute the onion, garlic carrots, celery and ginger in the oil until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spices and sugar.
- Add the sweet potatoes, green beans, chick peas, tomatoes and broth (stock) and bring to the boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- Adapted from 1,000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2009
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 148g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||24%|
|Total Fat 4.22g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.08g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||26%|