- 50 gm plain flour
- 2 x chickens, cut into preferred serving size pcs
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg onions, minced
- 6 lrg garlic cloves, chopped
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 1 bn fresh coriander, minced
- 2 x lemons, zest and juice
- 16 x dry Calimyrna figs, stems trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- Season the flour with salt and pepper then add in the chicken pcs to a plastic bag with the flour and seal. Shake vigorously to coat all the chicken pcs proportionately with the flour.
- Add in the oil to a large pot and add in as many of the chicken pcs as will fit comfortably and saute/fry over a high heat till the chicken is brown on all sides. Remove the browned pcs and add in more oil if necessary, cooking the remaining pcs. Remove and keep hot.
- To the pan in that the chicken was cooked in, add in the onions and garlic and saute/fry till golden brown and tender, about 10 min. Stir in the chicken stock, 1/2 the coriander and the lemon juice and zest and bring to the boil.
- Add in the figs and chicken with any accumulated juices to pot. Cover and simmer till the chicken is tender, about 35 min.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to bowl and cover with foil to keep the chicken hot. Boil juices in pot till thickened to a sauce consistency, about 5 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle remaining coriander over and serve with lemon wedges.