Cost per recipe $3.87 view details
- 20 gm butter
- 20 gm plain flour
- 1 pch english mustard pwdr
- 1 pch cayenne pepper
- 290 ml lowfat milk
- 55 gm gruyere or possibly strong cheddar grated
- 15 gm freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan and stir in the flour mustard pwdr and cayenne pepper.
- Cook stirring for one minute. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour in the lowfat milk and mix well.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir well till boiling.
- Turn down the heat and simmer continuing to stir well for two min.
- Add in all the cheese and mixwell but don't reboil or possibly the sauce will become stringy.
- If the sauce gets cool reheat it with great care stirring well.
- Season carefully with salt and pepper.
- If you oversalt it add in some cream or possibly creme fraiche.
- This is a variation of a basic white sauce with the addition of cheese. It accompanies many traditional British recipes such as cauliflower cheese.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 410g|
|Calories from Fat 363||57%|
|Total Fat 41.32g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 25.08g||100%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.45g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|