This was one of her favorite dish. She would make a lot so she would eat it the next day and the next day. She would say that it was a healthy soup and that we should make it more often.
- 6 cups of water
- 6 chicken boullion cubes
- 5 small zucchini peeled and diced small
- 2 small onions diced small
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced small
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- olive oil to drizzle
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot boil water add the chicken boulion.
- Lower the heat to medium and add all the ingredients except the olive oil.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender...Drizzle with olive oil and serve while hot. Sprinkle on top with cheese
- Mom used to serve it sometimes with the small ditalini or serve it with the italian bread...
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 454g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 44||30%|
|Total Fat 5.06g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.95g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.02g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|