Cost per recipe $9.66 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. Butter (3 sticks), divided
- 6 lrg Large eggs, separated
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1Â 1/2 c. Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (or possibly more)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 c. Sugar, granulated
- 2Â 1/2 c. Confectioner's sugar (4x)
- 2Â 1/2 c. Flour
- Â Â Shortening (to prepare
- 1 c. Light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 1/2 c. Cream (or possibly canned lowfat milk)
- Â Â Confectioner's sugar, as needed
- Separate Large eggs; place all the whites in a large bowl, place 3 yolks in one small container, and the other 3 in another. Prepare 3 8-inch cake pans with brown-paper rounds (for bottoms) greased with shortening. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soften 1/2 C butter in a large bowl; add in confectioner's sugar and beat till thoroughly mixed. Add in 3 egg yolks, one after another, and continue beating. Add in vanilla and mix until thoroughly blended, scraping sides with spatula if necessary.
- Measure flour into a small bowl and stir in baking soda. Add in to butter/sugar mix alternately with buttermilk in 4 steps, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 t salt on egg whites. Beat until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold egg whites into batter. Divide batter between pans and bake at 350 degrees F. about 30-35 min, till done.
- TOPPING: Put 1 stick butter in pot; add in sugar and cream. Bring to rolling boil over medium heat for a few min and cold. Add in confectioner's sugar till you have the right consistency. When cakes are done and cooled, combine with cooled topping.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2283g|
|Calories from Fat 3762||47%|
|Total Fat 427.4g||534%|
|Saturated Fat 259.39g||1038%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 978.1g||261%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.4g||28%|