Cost per recipe $8.14 view details
- 1/2 c. salt pork, diced
- 4 tbsp. onion, minced
- 1/4 c. celery, minced (optional)
- 3 to 4 med. size potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 c. water
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. hot lowfat milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 can evaporated lowfat milk
- 1 (20 ounce.) can creamed corn
- 1 (20 ounce.) can whole kernel corn
- Minced parsley (optional)
- Saute/fry the salt pork, then add in to the pan and saute/fry the onions and celery. Add in the potatoes, salt and water and simmer till the potatoes are soft. Add in the flour, lowfat milk and corn and heat together thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with finely minced parsley. Serves 6.
- My mother made this from memory, for her family of nine children. I've since written it down and it is a big hit with our family.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2504g|
|Calories from Fat 1030||44%|
|Total Fat 114.94g||144%|
|Saturated Fat 45.01g||180%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 292.32g||78%|
|Dietary Fiber 25.8g||86%|