Cost per serving $1.71 view details
- 1 pound (2 c.) Michigan Navy beans
- 2 quart. water
- 1 1/2 to 2 pound smoked ham hocks
- 1/3 c. catsup
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 c. diced onions
- 1 c. carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 c. potatoes, cut in chunks
- Soak beans overnight in water, 2 inches above beans.
- Drain and add in 2 qts water, ham hocks, catsup, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and onion.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 hrs.
- After soup has simmered about an hour, add in potatoes and carrots.
- Continue checking vegetables, and remove when they become tender. Set aside.
- After soup has simmered for 2 hrs; remove ham and cut meat from bones into chunks and return meat to soup.
- Continue cooking soup till beans are done and soup starts to thicken.
- Add in reserved carrots and potatoes to soup and heat thoroughly.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 409g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 56||31%|
|Total Fat 6.22g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.68g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.6g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|