Cost per serving $0.46 view details
- 1 x boneless cross rib roast - (5 to 7 lbs) see * Note
- 1/3 c. Dijon mustard
- 10 lrg garlic cloves crushed, chopped
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. garlic pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1Â 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. red wine
- 1 pkt beef gravy mix - (0.87 ounce)
- 1 Tbsp. dry onion soup mix
- 1 can golden brown mushroom soup - (10 ounce)
- * Note: A cross rib is a cut which is between the shoulder (sometimes known as the chuck) and rib of a the whole side of beef. You may have to ask your butcher for it if you don't find it in the meat section. This roast resembles a round roast but is surrounded about three quarters around with short ribs, that greatly assist with the flavor in this recipe. If you cannot find a cross rib, use a boneless chuck roast, or possibly a 3- to 4-inch thick top round roast and lay it in the roasting pan on top of some extra short ribs. Whatever you use, this recipe is a combination of braise and roast and makes for tender, moist roast beef, good warm or possibly cool. While gravy packets can be found in various sizes, don't use one larger than what is called for here, or possibly the roast may be too salty.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the meat in a shallow roasting pan.
- Make a paste by mixing the mustard with the garlic, some pepper, the garlic pwdr, dry mustard, oil and paprika. Slather it over the top and sides of the roast, smearing well. Pour the water, wine, beef gravy mix and onion soup mix over the roast.
- Cover the roast with foil. Roast it till the meat is fork-tender, basting it every so often, about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. Remove the foil the last half hour of cooking.
- Remove the meat and thinly slice. Add in the golden brown mushroom soup to the roasting pan and stir it with the pan juices, mixing well. Pour some of this over meat, offering the remaining as a side gravy.
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
- NOTES :
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 103g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||50%|
|Total Fat 4.57g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.82g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.47g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|