Cost per recipe $25.20 view details
- 1 bag frzn pitted dark sweet cherries (16 halved, thawed,
- Â Â and undrained
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. kirsch (clear cherry brandy) or possibly
- Â Â regular brandy
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 2 ounce bittersweet (not unsweetened) or possibly
- Â Â semisweet chocolate minced
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) cut small pcs
- 2 lrg egg yolks
- 1 lrg egg
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- Â Â Powdered sugar
- Â Â Fresh mint
- Combine cherries with juices, 1/2 c. sugar, kirsch, and cinnamon in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat till sugar dissolves. Simmer till sauce thickens and is slightly reduced, about 10 min. Using slotted spoon, remove 1/4 c. cherries from sauce; drain well. Transfer to work surface and chop coarsely; reserve minced cherries for cakes. Set aside cherry sauce.
- Butter two 3/4-c. ramekins or possibly custard c.. Whisk cocoa and remaining 1/4 c. sugar in small bowl to blend. Stir chocolate and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat till chocolate melts and mix is smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in cocoa mix. Whisk in egg yolks, then whole egg and flour. Mix in reserved 1/4 c. minced cherries. Divide batter between prepared ramekins. (Sauce and cake batter can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cakes uncovered till edges are set but center is still shiny and tester inserted into center comes out with some wet batter attached, about 22 min.
- Hot sauce over low heat. Cut around cakes to loosen; turn out onto plates. Spoon sauce alongside. Sift powdered sugar over; garnish with mint.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
- Comments: Try any leftover sauce on ice cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 417g|
|Calories from Fat 540||37%|
|Total Fat 61.05g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 33.95g||136%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 168.45g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|