Cost per serving $0.69 view details
- 11 ounces butter (2 3/4 sticks)
- 10 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream and Coffee Ice Cream (see linked recipe below) for garnishes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease the tins and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar. Whisk the egg mixture into chocolate mixture; then whisk in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the tins and bake for 4 to 5 minutes. (Alternatively, refrigerate the cakes until ready to bake, up to a day in advance. If baking cold, add an extra minute.)
- Immediately remove the cakes onto the plates. Place a scoop of coffee ice cream and/or some whipped cream next to each cake. Add a pink of shaved dark chocolate or cocoa ribs if desired and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 112g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 310||63%|
|Total Fat 35.76g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 21.7g||87%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 45.06g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|