Cost per recipe $1.78 view details
- 2 sm. turnips, peeled, halved & cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 2 sm. yams, cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme, crumbled
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3/4-1 pound pork tenderloin patted dry
- 2 tbsp. light molasses
- 1 tbsp. bourbon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Layer turnips and yams in a large baking dish. Top with 3 Tbsp. butter and 1/2 tsp. thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Bake till vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally to coat with butter, about 30 min.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in heavy skillet over medium heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Add in pork to skillet and brown on all sides. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer pork to vegetable baking dish, pushing vegetables aside.
- Mix molasses and remaining 1/2 tsp. thyme into drippings in skillet, then fold in bourbon. Spoon over pork and vegetables. Roast about 15-25 min, turning vegetables occasionally. Transfer vegetables to plates. Slice pork. Arrange on plates and serve immediately. 2 servings. May use water in place of bourbon and it will still taste scrumptious!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 210g|
|Calories from Fat 407||69%|
|Total Fat 46.28g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 29.22g||117%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 36.93g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|