Cost per recipe $7.24 view details
- 5 lb Unbleached Flour
- 3 lb (1 Can) Veg. Shortening
- 1/4 c. Unbleached Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 3 c. Cool Water
- Combine flour and salt in a very large bowl. Mix well. With pastry blender cut in shortening till proportionately distributed. Mix will resemblecornmeal in texture. Add in cool water all at once and mix lightly till theflour absorbs all the water and texture resembles putty. If dough is toosticky, sprinkle a little four over the top and mix till dough barely holds together in the bowl. Divide dough into 10 oblong rolls. Wrap eachroll well with plastic wrap and heavy foil. Freeze and label as Moist PieCrust Mix. Use within 12 months.
- Makes 10 rolls of mix enought for 10 double pie crusts or possibly 20 single pie crusts.
- MOIST PIE CRUST: Partial thaw 1 roll of mix. Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness between 2 sheets of lightly floured waxpaper. Place dough in a 9-inch pie plate without stretching. Flute edges.
- If filling recipe calls for a baked pie crust, preheat oven to 425 degreesF. (220 degrees C.) Bake 10 to 15 min till very lightly browned.
- Cold. Fill and bake according to directions for filling. For double crustpie, place top crust over filling and flute edges, and cut slits in the topcrust.
- Makes sufficient for one 9-inch double crust pie or possibly 2 9-inch single crust pies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3430g|
|Calories from Fat 3587||30%|
|Total Fat 406.91g||509%|
|Saturated Fat 93.01g||372%|
|Trans Fat 128.46g|
|Total Carbs 1754.52g||468%|
|Dietary Fiber 62.1g||207%|