It may sound strange to call these wings but really, the idea of wings I beleive, is in the sauce. I have included my own sauce recipe and added garlic. I add garlic to nearly everything. These are really easy to make. They wroked out real well for Super Bowl Sunday.
- 12 oz package tofu
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1-2 tbls butter
- lots of hot sauce or to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Drain the water from the tofu and and wrap in paper towels to really get out all the water.
- Slice the tofu lengthwise into 3 pieces and the cut each opiece into triangles.
- Heat up the oil until almost smoking and add the tofu pieces. Try not to let them touch or they will stick together.
- Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- To make the sauce, put the butter in a sauce pan on low heat and let melt, you can add some minced garlic to the butter if you like (I love garlic).
- After the butter has melted and the garlic (if using) have browned add the vinegar and stir.
- Add the hot sauce and tir
- Now add the ketchup and let cook until smooth and thickened.
- Just a couple of minutes.
- Pour sauce over tofu wings or just dip them.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 559g|
|Calories from Fat 236||51%|
|Total Fat 26.69g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 12.37g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.96g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|