Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
Cost per serving $0.19 view details
- Boil yucca in a large pot of water for approximately 45 minutes, or until very soft. Poke with a sharp knife to make sure itâs thoroughly soft.
- Allow to cool then remove thick outer skin as well as thin, stringy cord in the middle.
- Roughly chop into semi-thick pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large sautÃ© pan. When oil is hot, add the yucca pieces and salt. SautÃ© until brown on one side, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Turn each piece over carefully, using a fork or even a fish spatula. Heat the other sides for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Place on a plate with paper towels to absorb the extra oil, if any.