Cost per serving $3.59 view details
- Â Â Butter for grilling
- 4 slc pumpernickel bread
- 1/3 lb piece Havarti with caraway thinly sliced
- 1 x vine-ripe tomato thinly sliced
- Â Â A few blades fresh chive snipped or possibly minced
- 4 slc whole-grain bread
- 1/3 lb brick sharp cheddar thinly sliced
- 8 x thin slices baked ham
- 1 sm McIntosh apple thinly sliced
- 4 slc crusty white bread
- 1/3 lb Gruyere thinly sliced
- 2 x handfuls baby spinach leaves
- Â Â (from bulk bin of produce department)
- 2 x artichoke hearts in water liquid removed, sliced
- Â Â (reserve the remainder of a small can for a salad topper later in the week)
- Â Â Coarse salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium-high heat. Wipe grill with butter nestled in paper towel. Add in 4 slices bread. Cover bread with thin slices of cheese.
- Cover pumpernickel and Havarti grilled cheese with sliced tomato and chives.
- Cover cheddar and whole wheat grilled cheese with 2 slices of ham per sandwich and some sliced apple.
- Cover the crusty white bread-and-Gruyere sandwiches with spinach leaves and thinly sliced artichokes seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Make 2 sandwiches at a time and transfer to a hot plate in low oven. Cut sandwiches corner to corner and serve a platter of mixed grilled sandwiches with your homemade soup.
- This recipe yields 4 servings, 1 1/2 sandwiches each.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 197g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 529||71%|
|Total Fat 59.96g||75%|
|Saturated Fat 36.88g||148%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.76g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|