Having family or friends over for a special dinner? This salad will knock their socks off! The maple syrup in the dressing coupled with the mixture of seasonal fruit and nuts create a concoction worthy of an elegant affair or casual merrymaking.
(Adapted from Big Green Cookbook by Jackie Newgent, RD)
- 2 teaspoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 5 cups leafy salad greens, such as chopped endive, frisÃ©e, and radicchio
- 1 Seckel or Comice pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts halves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk together the vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard in a large serving bowl. Whisk in the oil. Stir in the shallot and add salt and pepper.
- Add the greens and pear and toss with the maple dressing. Top with walnuts and cranberries and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 35g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 157||79%|
|Total Fat 17.96g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.28g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.61g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|