Cost per serving $5.10 view details
- 1/4 lb sweet peas in pod
- 1/4 lb green beans ends snapped off
- 1 head broccoli cut thin spears
- 1 bn scallions root ends and
- Â Â greens removed
- 1 x zucchini cut 1/2"-thick round
- 1 x summer squash cut 1/2"-thick round
- 1 x sweet yellow bell pepper cored, and
- Â Â cut into 1/2"-thick strips
- 3 x lemons cut into wedges
- 2 c. cornstarch
- 2 quart extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep pan with a basket till just smoking. In a wide, shallow bowl, mix half the vegetables and 1/3 of the lemon wedges. Sprinkle with 1 c. cornstarch and toss quickly with hands to coat. Toss into a large strainer with a handle and bat against hands to remove excess cornstarch. Drop the coated vegetables and lemons into the oil and cook till golden and crispy (about 2 min).
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Immediately repeat with the 1/3 of the remaining lemons and all other vegetables. Season the warm fried foods with salt and serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 433g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2553||93%|
|Total Fat 288.77g||361%|
|Saturated Fat 39.89g||160%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.62g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|