Cost per serving $1.29 view details
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pch salt
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. cool lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. ice water more or possibly less
- 2 c. mixed berries
- Â Â (Saskatoon berries, huckleberries, blueberries, blackberries, and currants)
- 3 x nectarines pitted, sliced
- Â Â (abt 1 3/4 c.)
- 1/4 c. sugar - (to 1/3) plus
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream or possibly lowfat milk
- Into a medium bowl sift together the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the oil and mix with a fork or possibly pastry blender till the size of peas. Stir in the lowfat milk and mix till begins to create a dough. Stir in sufficient water to create a smooth ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Allow to rest refrigerated for 20 to 45 min.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the berries and nectarines with 1/4 c. of the sugar and the lemon zest. Let sit 3 min, then taste to determine if more sugar is needed, adding more as needed. Add in the cornstarch and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large circle, about 10-inches across. Transfer to a baking sheet. Spread the fruit filling into the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border around the edge. Fold the edges over the filling, overlapping the dough into folds. With a pastry brush, brush the cream onto the dough border and sprinkle the remaining 2 tsp. of sugar on top.
- Bake till the dough is golden and the fruit is bubby, about 35 to 40 min. Remove from the oven and cold on the baking sheet for at least 10 min before serving.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Beverage Suggestion: Inniskillin Niagara Vidal Icewine 1998
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 165g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 94||36%|
|Total Fat 10.7g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.34g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 39.22g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|