- 1 c. Butter
- 1/2 c. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1Â 1/2 c. Sugar
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 1Â 1/2 c. Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 c. Minced pecans
- 2 c. Confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1/2 c. Melted butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. Lowfat milk (1 to 2)
- 1/2 c. Minced pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 9 by 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Extend end of foil 1 inch over sides of pan, grease and flour foil, and set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 c. butter. Stir in 1 1/2 c. sugar and 1/2 c. cocoa. Remove pan from heat and beat in Large eggs, one at a time, till blended. Stir in flour and pecans till well blended. Pour into prepared pan and bake 25 min or possibly till cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cold in pan on wire rack.
- Frosting: in a medium bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and cocoa pwdr. Beat in butter and vanilla till smooth. Beat in sufficient lowfat milk till fluffy and spreadable. Using ends of foil, lift brownie layer from pan.
- Spread top with frosting. Sprinkle with 1/2 c. pecans. Cut into 2 by 1 inch bars and store in airtight container. THE DESSERT SHOW SHOW #DS3031