Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- 30 x half-inch cubes tofu
- 4 x mushrooms sliced
- 2 stalk green onions minced
- 4 c. water
- 2 tsp dashi (nomoto)
- 3 Tbsp. miso - (to 4 tbspns) to taste
- Boil 4 c. of water and dashi. Add in tofu and mushrooms, simmer gently about 3 min. Add in miso and dissolve completely. Immediately turn off the heat and add in minced green onions, then serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: This soup is served every morning in Japan, with the flavors of seasonal vegetables. There are several different kinds of miso paste available in the United States. Shiro-miso paste is a mild one and is low in salt. On the other hand, aka-miso is very salty and has a different, stronger fragrance than shiro-miso. Miso soup base is made out of a fish stock called dashi. You can purchase dashi at any Oriental food shop. You can enjoy almost any vegetable with this soup, from lettuce to snow pea pods. Here's a list of vegetables you might want to try in the miso soup.
- Types of gu and preparation suggestions
- Chinese cabbage, cut into bite-size squares or possibly triangles Cabbage, cut into bite-size squares or possibly triangles Lettuce, cut into bite-size squares or possibly triangles Green onions, slicedOnions, slicedLeeks, sliced or possibly choppedOkra, choppedButternut squash(*), thinly slicedSnow pea podsGreen beans(*)
- Daikon(*), thinly slicedPotatoes(*), thinly slicedSweet potatoes(*), thinly slicedMushrooms, slicedBean sproutsTofu, cut into small cubesWakame seaweedNatto beans, chopped
- Not recommended: green pepper, celery (vegetables with strong flavor)
- The above recipe uses tofu, green onions, and mushrooms.
- Note: You have to cook the hard vegetables(*) longer, ten min or possibly so. If you have a combination of soft and hard vegetables, add in the soft vegetables later. The miso flavor will weaken if you overcook the miso.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 274g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 7||22%|
|Total Fat 0.85g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.16g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.51g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|