Cost per serving $5.24 view details
- 1 c. fresh mint leaves - (loosely packed)
- 1 lrg bunch cilantro, leaves and soft stem
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- 1 x garlic clove coarsely minced
- 1 Tbsp. salt plus
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb deveined peeled large shrimp - (21-25 coun
- 1 lb soba noodles
- Â Â (available in the Asian aisle of well-stocked markets)
- 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 x plum tomatoes seeded, diced
- Place the mint leaves, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, 1/2 tsp. of salt and the pepper in a blender. Start blending, then slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil. Puree till smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour half into a large bowl, add in the shrimp and marinate for 10 min. Reserve the remaining half of the marinade for the noodles.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in the remaining 1 Tbsp. of salt. Break the noodles in half and cook till al dente, about 4 min. Drain and keep hot.
- Heat a large skillet on high and add in the canola oil. Drain the shrimp and throw away the marinade. Cook the shrimp till pink and slightly hard, 3 to 4 min. Stir in the diced tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add in the warm noodles and reserved marinade and stir till incorporated and steaming warm.
- Serve immediately or possibly let cold, then chill. Serve this dish warm, or possibly prepare it ahead and refrigerateit, then tote it along on a picnic with some crusty rolls and a bottle of Chardonnay.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 275g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 135||28%|
|Total Fat 15.25g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.14g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 62.43g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|